shapeimage_3
W.E. and O.P.  Edwards in the 1940’s

Although our offices are located at the base of the Beartooth Mountains in Red Lodge, Montana, our board is scattered throughout the United States and Internationally. Spanning across three generations and various interests, the board consists of six family members of the original benefactors.

The Foundation bears the name of twin brothers, Oliver Pearl Edwards and William Earl Edwards and was originally incorporated in New York in 1962 as the O.P. Edwards Foundation. It became a 501(c)(3) organization in 1964.  Mrs. Josephine Edwards, widow of O.P. Edwards, started the foundation in memory of her husband to continue helping inspirational individuals who were doing meaningful work.  Initially, the General Fund was established which made small grants and loans. William Earl Edwards was inspired by this philanthropy and contributed to the foundation upon his passing. Thus, the name was changed to the O.P. and W.E. Edwards Foundation and a testamentary fund was added to benefit those organizations designated in his will. Over the years, the Foundation has refined its mission but has always remained true to the intent of the original benefactors.

As other members of the family have taken up the mantle, the board has expanded and changed, new donor-advised funds have been added to reflect the interests of the benefactors and the footprint of the foundation has grown. The Edwards Foundation now grants over $2 million to nearly one hundred organizations in multiple countries, states and U.S. Territories.

For more information please contact us at:

The O.P. and W.E. Edwards Foundation
PO Box 2445
Red Lodge, MT 59068
info@opweedwards.org

406-446-1077 (office)
406-446-1363 (fax)

Office hours vary, so email may be the best way to get in touch.

For specific grant questions contact Amy Hyfield, Executive Director, at:

ahyfield@opweedwards.org